Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Wow, I'm pathetic

I am the worst blogger in the world. It has been almost six full months since I last posted here on my more "thoughtful" blog. I have been sidetracked by Matt and my joint, life-events blog, The Parsonage Family, and I don't even post on that more than a few times a month, at most.

At the time of my last post, on March 25, I was facing the end of my career in market research, and didn't even yet know if my dream job was going to come through. (I think that was actually the day before my interview with the gentlemen who are now my bosses.) In any case, I've been an Associate Editor for about 5 months now, and I love it. It can be pretty stressful at times, since the execs expect me to do things that I don't think even an older, more experienced editor could do! I have more of a workaholic tendency than I ever thought possible, but most days it's gratifying to have so much (generally interesting and exciting) stuff to do.

Matt and I have also moved as a result of Matt's appointment to a United Methodist church in a town (small city?) about 50 miles outside of Nashville. So, I'm commuting about an hour each way, which is much more tolerable than I expected. Beginning our first solo pastorate at this relatively small congregation (actually, quite average-sized, in the great scheme of American churches) has been interesting, and has sparked many conversations between Matt and I about ecclesiology, worship styles, preferences, etc.

The most thought-provoking matter of late stemming from both Matt and my new jobs is rooted in the vast difference between the large, innovative churches I focus on at work (and in my personal/academic interest in trend-setting American congregations), and our new church that embodies all that is typical of the United Methodist denomination and really, the majority of American congregations overall.

Not venturing far from the title of this post, though, I'm going to save the actual launch into those ecclesiological issues for another day. It's bedtime now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home